I've blogged before about how I don't like new years resolutions. Because I don't. Any day is a new day to start a resolution. Except this year, I think I am going to break tradition and make some. I might start them today though, ok, be real, I probably won't start today.
This is why, last night on facebook a woman that I really respect and appreciate wrote this:
Tonight is the winter solistice, a full moon and a lunar eclipse. The last time this happened was in the year 1658. New energy is arriving... Now is the time to make your resolutions. What are you going to change in the new year?
Interesting, right!?
I've given some thought to some stuff lately.
Like, am I spending money on things I want or things I need... I've been pretty horrible at impulse buying lately.
Do I want to dine out, or do I need to dine out?
Do I want to get my underarms waxed, or do I need to get them waxed?
Do I want that new pair of shoes, or do I need that new pair of shoes? (including ski boots)
Other things to resolve:
Friendships and relationships that aren't benefitting me. By "benefitting me" I mean causing my more stress than they should. I can think of at least 2. I've told myself that I'm no longer communicating with one of them next year, and I even mean in the one-word-at-a-time-way.
I've also been thinking about being good to myself. I'm still ironing that one out.
Also, again considering adding "run a half marathon" to my goals... After running a 5K I'm pretty pumped about the idea... my tibia on the other hand, not totally loving the idea. I've even really upped my calcium lately, so I'm a bit annoyed by that.
2 comments:
i'm proud of you for having goals, there's no way i can join you. i know myself well enough to realize i will give up on it!
you NEED underarm waxing. items like that are non-negotiable. seriously.
Post a Comment