I was pretty excited last night when I went to go pick up my newly framed bachelor's degree!
I had been out shopping with a co-worker on March 4th and we saw that Michael's was having a 60% off custom framing sale, the sale ended on the 5th and I told myself that I just needed to get it taken care of.
My bachelor's degree wasn't actually in my possession until June 2010. After graduation, I left it at my mom's house; We weren't actually sure we knew where it was for about 2 years. Once we found it, I wanted to wait to move it from Virginia to Colorado until it could drive out or until I framed it at home and shipped it framed.. I was really worried about it getting bent or creased.
The staff I worked with at Michael's did a great job of making sure we were laying everything out in a way that I wanted. We spent a bunch of time making sure that I was getting just what I wanted. I never thought picking my mats and my background paper would be much work, but it probably took me at least 20 minutes to decide on them; picking a frame took about that much time too! The photo below is while we were working on layout, I like getting photos during the process. :)
2 comments:
I love it! now I'm inspired to get mine done too!
Yeah, mine's definitely still in its folder, in my closet. I guess I should really get on that...
Post a Comment