Saturday, May 12, 2012

12 on 12- May Edition

Today was a day for family! And apparently food and ice cream- as they appear to be themes in my pictures today, weird.

My dad drove in from Kansas last night and then today my sister arrived from Virginia (spoiler on some of the photos...) My dad was very excited about getting to be featured in my blog, so I made sure to take a couple of pictures from him.

7:52 a.m.-- My dad and I had some breakfast. He was enjoying his typical oatmeal breakfast (which I'm pretty sure he has had for breakfast ever since I was a child), I had a smoothie and then we shared some strawberries (they were on sale this week, yay!)

8:12 a.m.-- Dad was headed to the Greeley Freight Station Museum for the day to get certified to run trains on the layout (he's very excited about it), so I decided to go for a ride.

9:23 a.m.-- I rode for 53 minutes, 12 miles, not a bad pace at all. The first few miles were a bit rough, it was SO COLD (aka something like 40 degrees out) and I forgot to bring gloves- that was foolish.

9:34 a.m.-- I have been waiting to send this set of Mother's Day cards for several days, all because Rachel was failing at responding to my text messages asking for her address. Turns out- group text to several people with Rachel included will get her to respond, although Emma and Hannah beat her to the answer.

11:06 a.m.-- this was my "oh crap" moment of the day, as I'm about to walk out of my bedroom to head to my car, my phone started ringing and I went "oh crap, it's going to be Natalie" I looked at my phone and of course, it was Natalie. Her flight was scheduled to land at 11:49 a.m., so I should have been able to  leave and pick her up as soon as she landed. Thankfully, James and Ariel went to grab her and I raced to Denver to meet them for lunch.

12:49 p.m.-- reunited! They had already consumed 2 baskets of chips, so I think they were grateful I had joined them so they could order.

1:31 p.m.-- I am very excited about this moment of my day. We went to Sweet Action Ice Cream because when you have a dairy intolerance it's exciting to get to eat vegan ice cream! My options were Red Velvet and Cinnamon... I tried both and went with the Red Velvet.

6:09 p.m.-- after we got back to Greeley, Natalie and I took naps and then we did some more eating. Dad took us out to Chili's, which Natalie doesn't get to have very often because Blacksburg doesn't have a store there.

7:31 p.m.-- I had a bridal shower to attend tonight, so Dad and Natalie got some quality time with each other and I got to spend some time with my friends.

8:28 p.m.-- the party is winding down so Jamie was showing me her bid, the content of it is not published yet so I took a picture of the name tag (sans my name) that I had turned into a bracelet.

8:38 p.m.-- meanwhile in my apartment... I had sent Danny to hang out with Daddy Sherbak and Natalie. They were all enjoying a glass of wine when I snuck in to put some coconut milk ice cream in the freezer.

8:59 p.m.-- I made Katie pose for the picture. It's a future roommate photo. Dance parties will happen.

No comments:

additional information about me...