Sunday, January 17, 2010

Countdown: 118 Days

I have decided to train for and run my first half marathon. I say "my first" like there is a chance I'll do a second... I'm always hopeful. :)

I believe my blog will likely turn into regular updates on how training is going.

Right now, the shin splint on my left leg is making all forms of exercise awesome, including the dance party I had with myself this afternoon. Last week I pulled my hamstring, which also made working out awesome, actually it completely stopped the whole idea of working out. I don't know that it is actually better, I just got impatient and went to the gym on Saturday anyway.

Smart life choices right now: Training for a half marathon, while taking graduate school courses, while keeping on top of my assistantship and internship, while searching for a job... whoo- go me...

In job search news: some jobs have been posted in geographic areas that I am interested in... and there is at least one that I really, really want :)

1 comment:

Mike Sherbak said...

I pulled a hamstring spinning when I was in Iraq. Susan you are amazing ! I am psyched that you are training for a 1/2 marathon !
Go Susan !!!

additional information about me...