Wednesday, January 13, 2010

@DU_MHoops

Of the 15 players on the men's roster, 13 of them have lived in my building since I started working at DU. So it's a pretty safe bet that if you ever run into them, I can tell you who they are. Which makes basketball games all that much more enjoyable.

But this blog is not dedicated to them because of their entertaining win against Western Kentucky on Sunday... oh no, this honor is because they cracked me up at lunch on Monday.

I walked into lunch to see a player walking over to the television and asking students around if they mind if he changes the channel. ESPN was on but he changed the channel to whatever channel was replaying the DU vs. WKU game.

I kind of laughed at little and got my food.

Then I noticed that there were two tables of basketball players. One sitting close to the television, all facing the television. The other sitting a bit away from the television, almost completely turned around, while still eating, watching the television. This I found to be amusing. It got funnier when my friend happened to walk by the table and hear "oh, I think I'm about to be on camera!"

Knowing at least one of the players as bit more in depth that casual hellos in passing, I stopped by the table to ask if they had missed the game yesterday. The response: "this was a great game!" I replied that I knew, I was there. Then gave a little teasing that it didn't look like they were being narcissistic at all. They responded with pointing verbal fingers at the senior who had turned the volume up.

Monday lunch was that much more enjoyable thanks to them. Their excitement to watch themselves was amusing. And I didn't run into the boy I had screamed in fear of- don't worry, he's not going to hurt me. I'm still pretty embarrassed about it, even if I'm joking about it...

No comments:

additional information about me...